SPG was originally established in 2003 by its founding Director Scott Freeman with Sean Dent becoming a Director alongside Scott in 2017.
SPG undertakes resource management planning and urban design work within the South Island, with a particular focus on the Queenstown Lakes, Central Otago, Southland, Westland and Canterbury regions.
We work across the full spectrum of resource management, planning, urban design, consenting, concessions and policy fields in the context of a variety of statues. This is underpinned by a sound knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991, Local Government Act 2002, Conservation Act 1987, Reserves Act 1977 and Land Act 1948.
Our driving philosophy is to engage closely with clients to optimise their intended development outcomes. SPG places great emphasis on creating a productive team environment with the client and other consultants in any process we are involved in.
Establishing and maintaining long term business relationships with clients is at the core of SPG’s business philosophy.
Committed to professional standards
We’re known for our strong commitment to professional standards, encapsulated by:
- Clearly understanding the clients development aspirations
- Devising specific and bespoke planning strategies to enable the best possible outcome for the client
- Adopting ‘value added’ and results orientated outcomes for the client
- High quality, independent, accurate planning and urban design advic
- Meeting key development milestones and monetary budgets